Friday 26 January 2007

Shoe ratio 8:7!

92.4kg down 0.6kg from last post.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I’ll wear the Montrails at Cradle. Like many others the search is on for a new pair of trail shoes. I have been eyeing off the inov-8 brand. The one I like is the F-lite 300. Not a full blown rough terrain shoe, rather more of a trail/road fusion. Noticed Fats was wearing some new inov-8 roclite 285 yesterday at training. Unfortunately I couldn’t get close enough to have a close look on account of Fats being so bloody fast. Anyhow, 285 grams is a bit light for me and I’m really just looking for something with stone protection that is hard wearing. For the technical stuff I’ll put up with my Montrails, which weigh 340 grams.

I organised my shoes during the week and somehow I seem to have more action oriented shoes than casual/work/dress shoes. Is this ratio an important measure of one’s commitment to the athletic ethos? My ratio is 8:7 (eight athletic shoes to seven dress or casual) Thongs not included, sandals determined by use. What’s your ratio?

Monday was an easy day and I ran for 20min.

Tuesday was intervals. 2x 3km + 1x 1km. Must admit I bludged the first 3km because I was chatting with Simon about Cradle. Managed 12:05 for the second 3km and bludged the 1km. Hot, humid and uncomfortable

Wednesday was supposed to be a 90min run but only managed 55min in the dying moments of the day due to workload and schedule crisis.

Thursday slept in and got to training late. 7 small hills in around 2:30 to 2min 45sec. I was so hot and sweaty that I decided to run the whole way to work (logic flaw?). All up around 160min of running without food or water. Felt good.

Off for 30min today and taking the kids camping at a place Mister G recommended if the fires have stopped threatening the campsite.

3 Comments:

At 26 January 2007 at 11:58 am, Blogger Spud said...

You're hitting some good form Brendan. Nice 3km splits.
Shoe ratio for me is 7:3 :)

 
At 26 January 2007 at 8:34 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

No idea on shoe ratio. I'm thinking you would have the KT-26 on your list. I've heard they are really good. The mothership driver swears by them.

 
At 26 January 2007 at 8:40 pm, Blogger Brendan said...

Give me some credit. Besides KT26 is a religion not a running shoe. After seeing spuds ratio I'll ditch some casuals tomorrow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home