Monday 1 January 2007

Happy New Year 2007

After a year of irregular posts I thought I would be a bit more diligent
and actually use this blog medium as a training diary.

After all there's a big series of races coming up. This will all lead up
to the crescendo on June 23 where I'll be joining 20 other Aussies in our
attempt to secure ourselves a Western States 100 finishers buckle.

Racing seems to get me fit quicker than training. Here's a draft list of
races/runs that will get me fit for the big one in June.

Jan 6 Two Bays Trail (Vic) 55km
Feb 3 Cradle Mtn (Tas) 84km
Feb 18 Training on WS course 64km
Mar 10 Six Foot Track (NSW) 90km
April 6 Easter Training Camp
April 28 Prom 100 (Vic) 100km
May 20 Glasshouse 50 (Qld) 80km

The training camp location is a toss up between Thredbo or the Mornington.

Melb trailwalker two weeks after Six Foot Track is another option.

There's my plan..

==============================================

3 Comments:

At 1 January 2007 at 5:54 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Happy New Year Brendan and congratulations on the C2K finish - fantastic report.

But what I really want to know is did you achieve the goal you had for '06 of being able to touch your toes?

Look forward to following your journey towards Western States.

 
At 1 January 2007 at 8:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will see you at several of these key races Brendan. I am a firm believer in using races to get fit for racing. See you at 2 Bays for a start.

 
At 2 January 2007 at 8:36 pm, Blogger Superflake said...

Looks like a good plan to me. So I guess you are doing the Six Foot return after the race ceremony?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home