Wednesday 3 January 2007

Tostesterone, d'oh!

Tuesday 2/1/07
After a meeting some friends at their Portsea house for breakfast, which turned into lunch, I was challenged by one of their house guests to a rowing machine regatta. The lad is 21 and taller than me and heavier than me and has zero percent fat and is in the melb uni boat crew. We set the ergometer to 1000 metres and off we went. The kid posted a new house record of 3:39.4 and beat the 2 year old record by 3 seconds. Then it was my turn. I grimaced and wrenched my way to what would have been a new house record of 3:40.3. So the little shit beat me by 0.9 of a second. He couldn't believe that a 44 year old who hadn't been in a boat for over 20 years could get that close to him on zero training. Caught the little fucker looking at me all afternoon.

So now I've hurt my lower back. The kid doesn't know it, but I got back to our beach shack and iced, and covered my lower back in voltarin gel and lay down for a couple of hours. Testosterone is an evil chemical.

Managed to get out and struggle through 90min of trail at an easy pace.

1/1/07 New years day
decided to do 2 x 4km efforts. Went to a flat section of road and ran the first one at an average pace of 4:36min/km slightly overshot the 4km so I carried on for 4.5km. Walked a bit then turned and realised I was running into a head wind. Did the second 4.5km rep at 4:44 min/km average. 10km all up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home