Monday 2 January 2006

2006 Resolutions and Objectives

..

Running resolutions are things I'd like to change rather than my objectives.

Weight
On 1/1/05 I was 105kg. On 1/1/06 I was 95kg. Prior to my departure to Morocco 5/4/06 I will be 89kg and on 1/7/06 I will be 85kg

Speed
I didn't do any fast running in 2005. I will introduce more quality into my program. One 10km time trial per week by 1 Feb. adding one shorter interval session per week by 1 April

Endurance
Nine 160km training weeks in 2006
Ten months over 400km in 2006

Strength
Improve core strength. eight sessions per month from Feb
Improve my quad strength. eight sessions per month from Feb

Flexibility
Touch my toes by 1 March

Free Days
8 internet free days per month
16 alcohol free days per month
1 sleep free night per month

That’s a good start.. Will probably upgrade on the blog as we progress through January.

If I do these things they will help me meet my running objectives for 2006.

Base Objectives
* finish Bogong to Hotham
* Improve time at Maroondah Dam by 60min
* PB @ 6 foot track (less than 5:16:20 2001)
* top 25% in Marathon des Sables
* sub 24hrs at Glasshouse 100
* sub 38hrs at Coast to Kosciuzsko
* Successfully organise the 2nd Two Bays Trail 54km Fat Ass

Stretch Objectives
* "triple crown" i.e. finish at GNW100 as well as GH100 & C2K
* sub 5hrs at 6 foot
* sub 22:30 at GH100
* sub 36hrs at C2K

7 Comments:

At 2 January 2006 at 7:27 am, Blogger Jen said...

Happy New Year Brendan !

That is a very impressive set of objectives; I think I need to go and write myself a list.

All the best for 2006

 
At 2 January 2006 at 3:48 pm, Blogger Dave said...

Hi Brendan,

It was great to meet and run with you at the Barrenjoey STaR. All the best for your goals for 2006, see you at Six Foot.

 
At 3 January 2006 at 4:52 pm, Blogger Horrie said...

You had a great year in 2005 Brendan. And it seems you have planned to do better in 2006. Good luck with it all.

 
At 2 February 2006 at 2:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brendan! thankyou for the kind words of support mate! Its always cool to know that someone out there understands!! keep up with the running and training....i'm back on track today so off out in about 5 mins! a nice 6.50am start :) regards, Alan

 
At 6 February 2006 at 9:17 am, Blogger Rich said...

Good luck with the MDS, thanks for the comments on my blog. Hope you reach your goals. I look forward to reading about your progress.

 
At 7 February 2006 at 6:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brendan! keep at it chummer! be careful with them weights....i had to lighten mine a little while i was getting used to more distance. once that settles i will be adding more weight again and hopefully will then be running on full pack weight (around 10kg) - but hey man, dont forget, come look me up at the base camp and say hello! :) good luck with your training and keep at it!
Alan

 
At 7 February 2006 at 2:49 pm, Blogger 2P said...

Finally got around to visiting your blog.

Congrats on the C2K finish - brilliant stuff - great report too.

Wow big list of goals, good luck with em.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home